It is a big surprise to the retiree if you present him with a crystal plaque engraved with his name, rank, dates of service, and your appreciation quotes. Your appropriate and heartwarming retirement quotes can highlight the achievements that the retiree made in his military career.
Retirement Quotes Appreciating Soldiers’ Service
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – E. Davis
- Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. – Ronald Reagan
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
- The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment. – Judd Gregg
- Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die – G.K. Chesterton
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! – Maya Angelou
Retirement Quotes Honoring Retired Military Women and Men
- In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. — Mark Twain
- I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. — Gary Hart
- The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave … — Patrick Henry
- The number of medals on an officer’s breast varies in inverse proportion to the square of the distance of his duties from the front line. — Charles Edward Montague
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! — Maya Angelou
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. — Joseph Campbell
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. — John F. Kennedy
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes. — Maya Angelou
Read More Military Quotes
- “No one can really explain the way it feels to miss someone so much that the air you breathe feels like it weighs a hundred pounds. I’ll never be able to tell you why or how i do what I do but I can tell you why. I do it because not doing it isn’t an option. I know that a life without him is my worst nightmare, and this deployment is nothing but a dream.”
- “Nothing about this is easy but the distance in missing you and fear of losing you is worth more than not having you to miss.”
- As military spouses, are not in eminent danger of being shot, but your husbands are.
- Military spouses are in danger of losing our other half, the father of your children, the one person in this world that you want to spend the rest of our lives with, and you live with that every day.
- This person has clearly never been on the other end of a military marriage and there is a good chance they are not married.
- One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.
- Having children makes you no more a parent than having a piano makes you a pianist.
- How pleasant it is for a father to sit at my board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
- On a cloudless summer evening, look up to the skies, look up to the heavens, look up to the stars, look up to the Almighty and thank Him for giving me you, my dear father and mother.
- He loves his country best who strives to make it best. -Robert G. Ingersoll
- Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern
- Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.-Winston Churchill
- I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks. ~William Shakespeare
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. — John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage. — Thucydides
- We pray the fickle flag of truceStill float deceitfully and fair;
- Valor is a gift. Those having it never know for sure whether they have it till the test comes. And those having it in one test never know for sure if they will have it when the next test comes. — Napoleon Bonaparte