When Americans answer the call to serve in our Armed Forces, a sacred trust is forged. Our men and women in uniform take on the duty of protecting us all, and their spouses and families also help shoulder this important responsibility.
Military Spouse Day was first celebrated in 1984 when then-President Ronald Reagan proclaimed the observance to honor the contributions of military spouses. The military now sets aside the Friday before Mother’s Day each year to pay tribute to the spouses who play a vital role in the nation’s defense.
Have you thanked a military spouse today? It is appropriate time to show your support and appreciation on Military Spouse Appreciation Day. President Barack Obama also said “At the heart of our Armed Forces, service members’ spouses keep our military families on track.”
What does administration do for Military Spouse
- Improving opportunities and quality of life for these brave spouses and families who know the separation and stress of war.
- Increasing service member’s compensation as well as funding for better housing, job training, counseling, outreach, and support for spouses and their families.
- Expanding our ground forces to reduce the strain of repeated deployments, and to give service members more time with their loved ones.
How about community
- Working through community-based organizations, workplaces, schools, and places of worship, they can help our troops support their families, establish or build a career, and address the unique challenges they face.
- It is good way to award the Outstanding Military Spouse Awards for our great military spouse. For spouses who are always giving back, it was good to be recognized for their efforts.
- Hosting a military spouse party or club such as the “Night With Friends” – an evening where bringing military wives from all over together for one night to listen to an inspiring speaker and connect with other wives who can relate to the ups and downs of military life.
How does Individual show appreciation for Military Spouse
- Setting up website relevant Military Spouse Appreciation Day in honor of the special day.
- Wrote thank you military letter for an Army newsletter, and it will share all the appreciation content with all the spouses.
- Sending a gift card for them
- A recipe book for Cooking for Two or better yet, a dinner delivery service gift certificate!
- Choosing high quality bubble bath, a bath pillow and aromatherapy lotions and soaps
- Inviting them enjoy SPA night or send the a gift card for a day at the spa
- Arrange and pay for her best friends to visit over her birthday with your unique birthday gifts.
- Flowers for her dining room table.
- Take her to a matinee movie while her kids are at school.
- Providing free car-service if they want to visit their parents with their children.
- All military spouses have no reason to refuse a comfy set of pajamas complete with fuzzy slippers.
- A card that lets military spouse know what a good job they are doing keeping everything going while their husbands are away. That kind of encouragement could last the rest of the deployment.
- Encouraging all the military spouse keep their dream when they were young girl and cultivate more interests.
- Chatting with military spouse and collect their stories into military spouse appreciation poems.
Find out what kind of things she enjoyed before she was in ministry. Make it happen for her again. Then they are your perfect military wife gift ideas.