The U.S. Navy celebrates Armed Forces Day around the world by recognizing the men and women in the service of the United States Military.
Armed Forces Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of May and it has become customary for the Navy to declare the entire month of May as Military Appreciation Month.
Many messages of support are put forth during the month from all levels of the Navy leadership and the Navy’s Fleet and Family Support Centers and Morale, Welfare and Recreation organizations go all out to offer special events, attractions, entertainment, discounts from local merchants and sailor-friendly items of interest.
Navy sailors often spend large chunks of time overseas or deployed at sea and during those times when they may be deployed the Navy also works with organizations like the USO to provide services and comfort while they are away from their families.
Armed Forces Day may be officially celebrated in May but it has been the policy to appreciate the work our service members perform all year long.
There are a thousand ways to celebrate Army Forces Day, you will be interested in more uncommon military gifts ideas as follows:
* Distribute free tickets to sporting and musical events donated by local merchants and event organizers.
* Navy Parade – You can image a parade of Navy personnel provided a glimpse of officers’ whites and the calls of “left, left, left right left!”
* Navy Parks – Large theme parks often will extend open invitations to all service members and their families to attend parks and attractions for free and some have even made the invitation ongoing throughout the year.
* Navy Movies – Many educational movies with navy theme will be play on every cinema.
* Navy Perform – Including read military appreciation poems, dance, sing the navy songs, military play etc.
Different Countries’ Navy, different ways
- South Korean navy honor guard stand during rehearsals for the Armed Forces Day at the Sungnam military airport on September 25, 2003 in Sugnam, South Korea. On October 1, South Korea will celebrate the 55th Armed Forces Day.
- Indian Naval band performs at the Gate of India monument during Naval Day celebration in Mumbai, India, Saturday, Nov. 4, 2010.
- China Army Day is celebrated on August 1st of every year in China, this day, soldiers and their dependents are reward with the opportunity to visit tourist attractions for free while some are presented with beneficial books to mark the occasion.